Old 27-11-2014, 02:08 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Chris J Dixon Chris J Dixon is offline

Default At the risk of being a bore...

wrote:

it's enjoyable enough but we think the Hot Air Balloon is a bit of a
gimmick. Did they really encounter the right weather conditions that
would let them soar accurately enough over all those gardens?
Balloons tend to go where the air currents take them.
Suspect most aerial shots were taken from one of the more
sophisticated drone platforms that are now available and that a lot of
shots of a balloon taking off are miles away on a different occasion.
But a title " Gardens we have driven to and got an aerial photography
contractor in to film us " doesn't sound the same.

Indeed so.

Interesting to see the garden shots, but as a presenter, I'm
afraid that I find her pretty irritating. I know that they want
cheap TV for daytime broadcast, but I reckon that each episode
could easily be trimmed to 30 minutes or less, without
sacrificing anything of substance.

Chris
--
Chris J Dixon Nottingham UK