Old 28-11-2014, 09:55 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Broadback[_3_] Broadback[_3_] is offline

Default At the risk of being a bore...

On 28/11/2014 09:36, David B wrote:
"Christina Websell" wrote in
message ...

"Broadback" wrote in message
BBC's series of "Glorious Gardens From Above" to my mind is the best
gardening programme broadcast in many a year. It has not unrealistic
ways of building a garden (with concrete or else owt) yet it is

edifying and very entertaining. How many beautiful, garden there are
in the UK!

It's a nice programme scheduled at a bad time. It's against Deal or
no Deal on C4. which is very popular.

????
Is it? I thought it was the joke of channel 4 and I'm pleased to say
that I have never met anybody that watches it.

I think it sad that there have been so many criticisms of the presenter,
I found the gardens enthralling, and her enthusiasm great. I guess peeps
have been used to presenters with slim or athletic bodies,
pretty/handsome faces and enhanced breasts and lips. I was looking at
the gardens, and did not want to be side tracked by a glamorous
presenter. Also it made a lovely change from people gardening at
enormous expense then expecting us peasants to follow their lead.