Old 28-11-2014, 11:18 PM posted to rec.gardens
Todd[_2_] Todd[_2_] is offline

Default What to do with all the leaves?

On 11/26/2014 11:17 PM, songbird wrote:
burying them will help them break down faster if
you have worms and moisture.

there is very little reason to burn, but for
some reason people think it is a good thing
to do.

i use leaves to smother areas i hope to replant
later with something else. right now i have a
start on a replacement strawberry patch that
should be ready in a year or two. i don't think
i'll be able to get any more leaves down this
season, but who knows -- the weather may change
and we get some warm days and i can end up with
more leaves to put down.

songbird

Hi Songbird,

I have a lot of grass to kill in my garden over the
winter. How big a pile of leaves would I need
to use? Do I water them down to keep them from
blowing away? Will it kill the seeds too?

-T