Old 29-11-2014, 02:17 AM posted to rec.gardens
Fran Farmer Fran Farmer is offline

Default Growing cotton

On 28/11/2014 12:45 PM, ~misfit~ wrote:
Once upon a time on usenet Fran Farmer wrote:
On 25/11/2014 3:49 AM, Brooklyn1 wrote:
Fran Farmer wrote:

[snip]
Drat, now I've got a song about Alabama running through my brain
and I'm darned if I can remember who sung it or enough of the
lyrics to do a google!!!!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oh!_Susanna
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jYiXyZwgPB8
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PZXvxOXXdCk

Nah, it's not 'Oh Susannah' - it's a modern song. I keep wondering if
it's Steely Dan or some group like that -it's got a very nasal
'Alabam' repeat refrain in it. Not 'Alabama', but 'Alabam'.

Drat, it'd disappeared overnight but now I've got it running round in
my head again!

Niel Young?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uD3bGEFxGC0

Bingo!!!!!!!!! Thank you, you hit the nail on the head. Great to have
an answer.

I'm amazed that there are so many songs about Alabama. I've played a
heap on You tube but needed the answer before I could haear the right
one. Thanks again. Sorry for the delay in replying - been away at the
beach for a few days.