Old 01-12-2014, 07:03 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bob Hobden[_5_] Bob Hobden[_5_] is offline

Default Pollen filters

"Michael Bell" wrote

"Pollen filters" are fitted in car heating systems. 2 questions:-

1 Do they actually do what they say, catch the pollen?

2) Can you brush/shake/back-blow such a filter to get the pollen out
*still alive* and able to fertilise?

When I used to hoover out the one on my previous car to get rid of the
larger bits of leaf etc the filter got increasingly dirty until replaced,
hoovering it didn't seem to clean it in any way, the "dirt" appeared
trapped. Same on our electrostatic filter on our warm air central heating,
you just have to replace the filter pads with new.
--
Regards. Bob Hobden.