Old 03-12-2014, 04:32 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Broadback[_3_] Broadback[_3_] is offline

Default At the risk of being a bore...

On 03/12/2014 15:11, Janet wrote:
In article ,
says...

Is it just me that is irritated by the seemingly mandatory
documentary technique of having several parallel threads running,
in an attempt to keep our attention, then having to remind us
what we have just seen, or reveal what they are about to show us,
but not just yet...

Not just you :-(

It reminds me of the oldfashioned mantra for teachers:

"Tell them what you're going to tell them about. Tell them about it.
Then tell them what you told them". (If only TV presenters limited the
repetitions to three...)

Quite effective when teaching infants with no foreknowledge and a
short attention span, but insufferably patronising to treat adults like
the remedial end of junior school.

Janet

I have always thought that the "fillers"on BBC was so that when the
programmes were sold having take out the fillers the adverts would make
up the hour, or whatever,