Old 04-12-2014, 07:44 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening,uk.d-i-y
Bob Hobden[_5_] Bob Hobden[_5_] is offline

Default Preventing Frost damage by changing Air Humidity

"john t west" wrote

Looking at how some people are protecting their Green Houses against the
frost, i was surprised how tiny the flames were on the paraffin heaters in
the green houses. They were hardly giving off any heat at all.

I was told its not about the 'Heat', but the fact that the flame changes
the 'relative humidity' in the air'.

Could anyone explain fairly simply, how this actually works? Thanks

Reading the replies, would insulating the greenhouse inside with bubble wrap
not stop a lot of condensation anyway. It's usually the first line of
defence against frost in a small domestic greenhouse. Our new little purpose
made house is now lined (much to my wife's disgust) and I use an electric
fan heater with a separate thermostat.

--
Regards. Bob Hobden.