Old 04-12-2014, 05:06 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
soup[_8_] soup[_8_] is offline

Default anchoring the arcs of our greenhouse

On 03/12/2014 22:30, Michael Uplawski wrote:
Good evening,

the structure for our greenhouse has arrived. While the previous owner
claims that the arcs just need to be set on flat ground, I have a doubt,
that the greenhouse can withstand the winds in this way.

What I have done is bolt the base of the Greenhouse to the concrete
base (mostly paving slabs).

The "tabs" (made from the strip of angle supplied to anchor to grass)
http://www.cheesesoup.myby.co.uk/images/GH6.jpg
can be discerned from this image
http://www.cheesesoup.myby.co.uk/images/GH5.jpg

A couple of the glass panels have silicone sealant 'gluing' them in
as well as the clips, so far (fx:touches wood) no wind damage despite
living on a hill in Scotland.

Full(ish) construction of greenhouse at:-
http://www.cheesesoup.myby.co.uk/gh1.html