Old 06-12-2014, 10:05 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Broadback[_3_] Broadback[_3_] is offline

Default At the risk of being a bore...

On 05/12/2014 19:11, Chris J Dixon wrote:
Christina Websell wrote:

"Chris J Dixon" wrote in message
news
wrote:
Indeed so.

Interesting to see the garden shots, but as a presenter, I'm
afraid that I find her pretty irritating. I know that they want
cheap TV for daytime broadcast, but I reckon that each episode
could easily be trimmed to 30 minutes or less, without
sacrificing anything of substance.

I'd like to know why you find her "pretty irritating" Is it because of her
northern accent or the way she dresses or what?

Appearance isn't an issue.

Being born in Barnsley myself, the northern accent isn't a
problem, even if she is from the wrong side of the Pennines, it
is more what she is saying. I find it hard to put my finger on it
exactly, but the nearest I can get is to say that I feel like I
am being spoken to, and kept amused, as one might a small child.

I know she is qualified and experienced, and perhaps I should
blame the production team for making a lightweight daytime
programme. It nevertheless contains stuff I want to watch, but it
is sadly diluted by filler

Chris

Chris you can always watch with the sound off!