Old 06-12-2014, 05:11 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Spider[_3_] Spider[_3_] is offline

Default Cymbidium success

On 06/12/2014 15:43, Pam Moore wrote:
On Fri, 05 Dec 2014 17:11:16 +0000, Spider wrote:

On 03/12/2014 10:22, Pam Moore wrote:
I have related before the story of my cymbidium which I've had for
over 15 years, which never flowered after the initial flower when I
bought it. 3 years ago it was so big that I split it into 5 and gave 4
away. All of those 4 flowered the last 2 years but mine did not.
I NOW HAVE A BUD COMING!
Can't say if it was following Bob's advice or just luck, but my
patience has paid off!
Pam near Bristol

Well done, Pam! I just know you're going to really enjoy those flowers.

Thanks Spider. It really is exciting to have a flower after all these
years. When I rescued it from my Mother's house at keast 15 years ago
it had only about 4 leaves and looked at death's door. Now it is huge
and 4 friends have flowerint pieces too.
Of my 5 phals 3 are in flower or bud and one has a new plant at the
base.

Keep up the good work!. You've obviously got the knack, and enough
patience to shame a saint.

--
Spider.
On high ground in SE London