Old 15-12-2014, 02:29 PM
Willi_9 Willi_9 is offline
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Hobden[_5_] View Post
"Willi_9" wrote

'Bob Hobden[_5_ Wrote:
;1009711']Came across this small tree on a walk on the Revelin Moss
trail on the
Winlatter Pass in the Lake District, Cumbria, UK. looked so out of place

amongst the greens and browns of autumn.

Could it be this?
'Viburnum Brandywine -
(Viburnum Brandywine - Buy Naked Witherod Shrubs Online)

Similar colour but again that has berries in clusters whereas the one I saw
didn't as you can see from the photo. The fruits are spread evenly all over
the plant.
--
Regards. Bob Hobden.
Aside from whether it be a sorbus, viburnum or whatever, what I see in your picture (nice one btw) is mainly this (attached a detail):

Ok, I only can refer to your photographs, while you have the chance to repeat your trip next summer and look for flowers and leafage.

Willi
Attached Thumbnails
Mystery mountain plant-img_0409_resixed_cropped.jpg