Old 18-12-2014, 11:05 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bob Hobden Bob Hobden is offline

Default In the garden

"sacha" wrote

I went round the garden today, picking foliage for Christmas flower
arrangements. Each of these had a few flowers left, Salvia guaranitica,
Salvia confertiflora, Rosa Wedding Day, loads of different Vincas, Salvia
involucrata, an unknown lacecap Hydrangea, a Fuchsia fulgens and a single
Rosa bracteata.

Got a Bergenia in full flower, the last flowers on an antirrhinum (a pink
one that has been self seeding for years), and a single yellow dahlia whose
name I forget and I'm not going out to look now.
One thing I have noticed is that this has been a very good year for Cyclamen
self seeding around, we have literally hundreds coming up in our front
garden, a veritable carpet of baby plants and even in the grass.
--
Regards. Bob Hobden.