Old 20-12-2014, 02:35 AM posted to rec.gardens
Todd[_2_] Todd[_2_] is offline

Default Dinner Tonight...

On 12/19/2014 05:23 PM, Brooklyn1 wrote:
On Fri, 19 Dec 2014 14:43:30 -0800, Todd wrote:

Noticed the fancy lawn mower! (That is cheating, by the way.)

How is it cheating?

You are riding in it, instead of pushing it!

I want one! If and ever I get one, then it won't be cheating.
Life is unfair like that. :-)

Do you sell hay?

Can't be bothered, haying is dirty work

The farmers out here have services that come out and
do all the cutting and bailing. The organic farmers
get more cutting than the conventional ones.

Any trout in the pond?

You must be a city boy,

Oh now that hurts! :-)

trout don't live in ponds... but there are
trout in my creek... trout need moving water:

All the time. You need a depth of at least 15 foot
to keep the water cool enough and a good source
of oxygen for the water (constant winds will do that).

Here is an image of one of our prettier ones:

http://rockwoodlodge.com/lake-tahoe/...er-300x200.jpg

http://i61.tinypic.com/14wwb5.jpg

Gorgeous! Brook trout by any chance?

But I have carp and snapping turtles in my pond.

Carp ???? Oh no! They would make great fertilizer
for your garden.

A few of the local ponds have frankencarp (goldfish)
in them. Probably people releasing them, instead of
flushing them. They mess up the pond water clarity pretty
bad. There are rules against it, but not a lot of people
pay attention.