Old 20-12-2014, 08:39 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
'Mike'[_4_] 'Mike'[_4_] is offline

Default A bit too mild

We have a regular bumble Bee round the patio doors and until a few days ago
a Butterfly was flitting round the garden. It was quite a regular visitor
and I noticed it had a flight 'pattern'. Over the fence from next door (from
the East if that means anything) across out garden stopping at a few
flowers, then under the veranda to go up the side of the house and
disappeared going North West. Not seen it for a couple of days though.

Garden wet though

Mike

Merry Christmas to all urglers

"Martin" wrote in message

On Fri, 19 Dec 2014 20:10:48 -0000, Roger Tonkin
wrote:

In article ,
says...

I had to despatch a queen wasp resting on a houseplant yesterday. What
is a queen wasp doing out in the middle of December?!

I think the word houseplane may give you a clue. Nice warm
house, plent of plants on which to snack, probably fruit in a
bowl somewhere.......

As I was walking along the canal this afternoon in a chilly and
windy 9ºC, there was a large swarm of midge like insects
hovering across the towpath!

Anything that can fly has been moving horizontally at at least 30-40 knots
for
the last few days
--

Martin in Zuid Holland