Old 22-12-2014, 12:21 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default The birds dont care

"Peter & Jeanne" wrote in message

Regular visitor to our feeders is a sparrowhawk.
Not after the nuts either !

All is peaceful sharing with the regular woodies though (:-)

Pete

I stopped feeding the birds due to this very thing - a very persistant
sparrowhawk who saw my bird table and hanging feeders as an ideal
opportunity. It felt like I was just setting up a trap for the small
bird's demise.
Unfortunately, the sparrowhawk nested in my garden hatching 6 chicks so it
will be quite a while before I can feed the birds again.
Feeding the birds used to give me a lot of pleasure.