Old 26-04-2003, 12:29 PM
M Harvey

Default Researching GM

Dear All. I am a researcher at Cardiff University in Wales. My
research is supported by the Economic and Social Research Council and
focuses on views on the genetic modification of food and crops. I am
trying to gain a spread of views and am trying to use net based
discussion groups, with a possible interest in GM, to make contact
with participants. This is why I am posting a message to this group. I
hope I am not infringing the spirit of the group by doing this. The
technique I am using to record the views of participants is known as
the ‘Q sort'. This is a self completion exercise and takes between
thirty minutes to an hour to go through and can be quite interesting
in itself. What I ask participants to do is to sort some cards with
various opinions about genetic modification into order. The way you
sort the cards will depend on your viewpoint. Of course, you shall
also have the opportunity to speak freely about genetic modification.
If there are any willing participants out there then please respond
via my email address. I should mention that I'm looking for a wide
range of participants and you need not be a food scientist or have a
ready opinion on GM to help out. The only caveat is that participants
need to UK based. Thank you for your time.