Old 24-12-2014, 01:45 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Ophelia[_8_] Ophelia[_8_] is offline

Default Ping Spider (was In the garden)

"Spider" wrote in message
On 24/12/2014 12:19, Nick Maclaren wrote:
In article ,
Spider wrote:
On 23/12/2014 23:19, Ophelia wrote:

Lucky you! All I have is holly, plenty of berries though
What, no berries on the Cotoneaster?

The birds devoured all my cotoneaster berries a month ago. Plenty of
holly berries, though.
And one pink rosebud.

Oooh you posh thing D. say we have berries but I will check
tomorrow in case he missed their demise)

Change of plan! There is a gale blowing and it is chucking it down
out there

Yes)) There are loads) We went down to hang seed balls and
wondered whether to hang one in there Still they have the choice)

That's great, Ophelia! I would have been surprised if there hadn't
been; ours are smothered in berries:~). None are tall enough to hang
seed balls in, but one will eventually make small tree size.

My cotoneaster has some berries, but only a few - because it is a
tightly pruned wall shrub, the blackbirds tend to leave it alone.

Unfortunately, I have no berries on my Danae.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.

Ah! But I knew Ophelia's cotoneaster was a loosely unpruned fence shrub,
so it was likely to have berries, particularly because many birds seem to
leave cotoneaster alone until they have demolished other berries.

g She knows my garden better than I do))

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/