Old 24-12-2014, 02:05 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Spider[_3_] Spider[_3_] is offline

Default Ping Spider (was In the garden)

On 24/12/2014 13:33, Nick Maclaren wrote:
In article ,
Spider wrote:

Unfortunately, I have no berries on my Danae.

I've never grown Danae, but wonder if yours needs a second plant to
increase chances of pollination? Even some hermaphrodies benefit from a
partner nearby.

No, it doesn't. I have berries some years, often in large numbers.
I can strongly recommend Danae, not least because it is superb for
flower arranging. Glossy green leaves that last for weeks indoors.
And not even bindweed will get through its root mass!

Don't bother growing it from seed, though - mine self-seeds, but
none of the seedlings grew enough to even give away in 5 years.
So I just dig them up now.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.

All understood, Nick. Thanks for that. I'll look out for a good plant
in due course. I've seen it many times in flower arrangements and
agree, it is most attractive and long-lived.
--
Spider.
On high ground in SE London