Old 27-12-2014, 07:02 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default NIN

On Fri, 26 Dec 2014 22:59:25 +0000, Sacha wrote:

[]
I emailed them today asking about this situation and got this reply:

"at news.individual.net, we don't collect information on a user's
residential address, tax domicile, social security number and so on. We
need an email address to get in touch and e.g. send a password to, and
we like to have a name so we know how to address or refer to people. And
we'd like to keep it that way.

The new European VAT regulations mean a lot more bureaucracy for
providers of digital services. We hope for a workable solution in the
medium term, and until then, try to keep providing our service as it
stands, as far as possible. If we should be forced to make more tangible
changes in the future, we would notify all affected users individually
via email."

Thanks Sacha. It sounds from that as though we will not have a problem
renewing. So I for one am not going to worry about it.

If I'm wrong, it won't be the first time!

-E

--
Gardening in Lower Normandy