Old 26-04-2003, 12:29 PM
Dave Roberts

Default UK farm profitability to jun 2002

In article v6WS9.10888$4k6.957045@wards, Jill news@REMOVETHISkintalin
e.plus.com writes
This is not whinging but a statement of fact

snip sounded very much like whinging to me.

Shame you cannot read as well as take photographs

Please, leave the cheap shots alone, it says more about you than it does
me.

It is very true that we could do something else
all farmers could and be easily employable
being so multiskilled

There are plenty of jobs out there, I'd be surprised if anyone would
struggle that much.

but then as many of the small farmers are those that look after their
environment
within the confines of available monies
what would all the "whingers" who want their pretty countryside do if we all
left!!

Be spared from more whinging ?

The other reason we are still here is that we are trying to acheive
something lasting
both with the property itself so it goes into the next 500 years in better
condition than when we took over
and with the poultry and waterfowl breeding

Whinging won't help you achieve that, get on with it if that's what you
want to do and be pleased and thankful that you are doing what you want
with your life.

Building anything to last 500 years is a tall order, I wish you luck
with that.

The most lucrative thing I cold do right now with our very high web presence
would be to become a warehouse and sell other peoples products
that and search engine optimization for others

both of which would put me in the looney bin within 6 months

Emotive non-sense. You have the choice to do what you want with your
business and your life.

- and being able to take a break *would* be good for our health and our
business

Not sure how it would help your business. If the break would help your
negative outlook then by all means go for it.

From what you have said you are living in a nice rural area, you are
doing what you want for a living, you have an incredibly ambitious
target of building something to last 500 years, there is the opportunity
to make your business lucrative but you won't take it because you think
it will bring on mental illness and you could do with a break.

I can't help but wonder if you are entirely suited to what you are
doing?

Cheers
Dave