Old 28-12-2014, 08:08 PM
Bigal Bigal is offline
Registered User

Over blanched and over cooked seems to be a problem. This year I definitely over blanched, and even just bringing to the boil tends to over cook them. The texture is a lot softer than when fresh, so it would seem that minimal blanching (or even none), and a quick steaming rather than boiling might be best for cooking. Aging also changes the taste buds, and that could also be a problem affecting me. As for salting, new research is showing that it is sugar that causes more blood pressure problems than salt. (Just in case you haven't yet read that bit.)