Old 29-12-2014, 12:34 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Phil Cook Phil Cook is offline

Default The birds dont care

On 29/12/2014 00:21, Christina Websell wrote:
"Phil Cook" wrote in message
On 28/12/2014 20:25, Christina Websell wrote:

I don't care what you say, I'm not going to feed birds in my garden while
have sparrowhawks here that will pick them off the birdtable.

If you are willing to skew the prey/predator balance by feeding the prey
you can have no complaints when the predator takes some of the birds.

I wish I could attract a peregrine by feeding the pigeons.

If you like to see a predator killing the birds you've attracted, well, it
must be a man thing is all I can say.
Actually, I won't be kind to you, it's sick if you deliberately do it and
it's why I've stopped feeding on the birdtable when I know the sparrowhawk
will come. I'm setting up the small birds to be killed.

It's not sick it's nature.

You are the sick one in wanting to do a sparrowhawk harm. "I so wish
they were not protected."
--
Phil Cook