Old 29-12-2014, 12:53 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default The birds dont care

"David" wrote in message
..

Have you thought of trying to teach the sparrowhawk to get your mole?

I wish! still haven't caught the little blighter, he laughs at my
moletraps. I'm almost with Jasper's idea, sitting up all night with a
shotgun ;-)
Until I had a mole I hadn't realised how much damage they do. And despite
liking all animals, I'd be prepared to bomb him out of wherever he is. He
was almost going under my blockpaving, which cost thousands, but fortunately
he diverted. Nevertheless he is a real nuisance. I suppose you can get a
catch alive mole trap but you then give someone else your problem unless you
can release him miles into the fields. Mine is a catch dead one- but he
ain't stupid