Old 29-12-2014, 10:53 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bob Hobden[_5_] Bob Hobden[_5_] is offline

Default NIN

"sacha" wrote
I hope their service continues but to be honest, I'm not worrying too much
yet. Newsgroups are attracting fewer and fewer people and many of us now
'talk' on Facebook in gardening groups there, of which there are several.
Membership is moderated, up to a point, so trolls aren't allowed in and nor
are the terminally angry and rude! I have never seen a genuine post
deleted but politeness is expected and is the norm, even where views
conflict! Nuisances are easily expelled or blocked, too, if necessary and
that rarely happens. I regret to say that I think newsgroups will soon
become empty spaces and that few servers will carry them.

But first you have to be on Facebook which I didn't like at all because of
their default security settings (far too open) and lack of proper security
advice.
--
Regards. Bob Hobden.