Old 01-01-2015, 03:30 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Spider[_3_] Spider[_3_] is offline

Default Well, this is fun...

On 31/12/2014 23:59, Ophelia wrote:

"Spider" wrote in message

(Snip)
I hardly like to say it, but if hubby built a sooper dooper(tm) ;~))
birdtable everyone would be happy: the birds would have their own
outdoor restaurant, the garden would regain the mini-greenhouse
thingy, and hubby could have his guttering back *and*, before very
long the shed would have its waterbutt. Simples:~))).
Cheeky, or what?

ROFL I love it! I'll have a wee word ...

I'm wondering now if the word you (or, indeed, I) got in return was
polite;~).

I'll never tell ... ;-)

Now my imagination's working overtime;~)

;-)

Well worth protecting, obviously! It's good to know that the little
birds are getting a look-in now.

it is lovely to see them too) They can escape all the bullies)

I use a lot of fatball feeders, and this is my favourite type:-

http://www.vinehousefarm.co.uk/our-s...Feeder-Cage/87

I don't think I said, we haven't seen any like that, but will keep any
eye out for them!

No. I haven't seen them for a while. I'll tip you off (in a new
thread) if I see them anywhere.

Thank you, please do

Yes, mesh ones are better in my opinion, as they allow more
birds to
feed at once. There's also less chance of the nuts going mouldy
in a
mesh feeder. Mouldy nuts can be harmful for birds.

Thanks!!!

Ok we have taken out the peanuts and replaced with seed and the wee
birds have found them. We had a Blue tit and Great tit at the fat
blocks. The sparrows seem to prefer the seed, a black bird in the
holly
tree at one of the fat blocks and still the starlings in the gutter
Need to look in the shed (you know, the one with no guttering)

Splutter :~))!

pssst wanna borrow me 'anky, Mrs ? g

E, tha's a wee bit cheeky, our lass! :~)))

Oooo me? Dunno wot you mean, I am doin' me bestest, Mrs

Whilst grinning be'ind yer 'anky? I've got your number, missus;~)).

As always, Spider, thanks for all the great advice) I really
appreciate it!

Sorry I'm late getting back, Ophelia, but the head was complaining due
to the chilly weather and low pressure. Fine now, though:~).

Oh I am sorry( I hope it stays fine!!! I must admit, it isn't doing
the old arfur any favours either

I can understand that. Arfur is an old 'friend' of mine and is the
cause of many of my migraines. It's the grumpy old bear we all have
to cross.

Aye I used to have the head thing, but oddly enough, sometimes I get
the symptoms without a servere head pain. Odd, eh?

I will leave you just now with all my best wishes to you and RG, for a
Wonderful New Year and 2015)

And our very best wishes to you and your inventive hubby for a
splendid New Year and a healthy and blossoming year ahead.

Passing it on and he is smiling and waving))

Smiling and waving back :~))).

ps you know I will be bothering you again for advice next year ... don't
you)) g

I shall miss you if you don't! See you on another thread sometime soon.

I do hope so)

There's no doubt about it!

Big Hugs!!!

You can't give a hug without getting one back, so new year hugs to
you, too.

Thanks our Spider!!! )

See tha' soon, then (waving).
--