Old 03-01-2015, 08:06 PM
nabberuk nabberuk is offline
Registered User

Default Relaying Lawn

We've recently moved into our home and i would like to relay our front lawn.

Reasons for this a

- It's really uneven
- It's mostly moss

The lawn doesn't get much sun due to the hedge which i think has been encouraging the moss. I've read that you can buy seed that will happily live in shady conditions.

My plan for this is to do to the following;

- Cover the grass with black plastic in order to kill the current lawn.
- User a weed killer to kill any further weeds
- Rake all debris
- Flatten and mix in top soil
- lay seed
- water regularly
- cut frequently on a high setting after roots have bedded in.

Does this sound viable? Also i'm not sure what sort of time frame i should aim for?

Below is a picture of the lawn at the moment.

View image: WP 20150103 12 25 54 Pro