Old 04-01-2015, 05:19 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bob Hobden[_5_] Bob Hobden[_5_] is offline

Default Tree for a very small garden

"Pam Moore" wrote

My garden is even smaller. I have 2 trees, one a columnar yew from
which I periodically cut the tallest trunk. I also have a red acer
palmatum which is much admired but now needing the attention of an
expert to take it back a bit.
Both have been in for 25 years and I've no regrets.
I also have a beech, 2 Scots pines, a ginkgo, 2 larches, a mulberry, a
cedar and a few other trees but those are all bonsai! The only way I
can grow an arboretum!!!
I remember on GQT Bunny Guinness once said "Every garden should have 2
trees with a rope slide between" (or words to that effect) and I have
taken all her advice since with a few pinches of salt!

That reminds me of a situation a friend found himself in, it was a posh
gardening black tie dinner and he was sat next to some chap who proceeded to
tell everyone he had a small arboretum at home, to which my friend said "Oh
you keep Bonsai then".
--
Regards. Bob Hobden.