Old 04-01-2015, 07:49 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default The birds dont care

"Malcolm" wrote in message

Tina is clearly one of those who have divided wildlife up into "good" and
"bad". This is a not uncommon stance, but one which is actually quite hard
to defend, as she has found. She now says that she is stopping feeding the
small birds, yet obviously did this for the best of reasons, improving
their survival chances throught the winter and setting them up for
successful breeding in the next season. This good work has now been
abandoned all because another species of birds comes to her bird table and
kills a few of them.

Now that we've got on to the mole, there's a very easy method for her to
get rid of it, adopted by those who look after golf courses and sports
fields. You poison all the nasty slimy worms and the mole, deprived of its
food, goes elsewhere :-)

well, that's not going to happen. I used to poison rats, until I saw one
dying for a few days from it and then killed it myself to prevent further
suffering. which I didn't like to do, so poison is a no no here. After that
I got terriers in. It's much kinder - either the rats get away unscathed or
they don't. If they don't they are dead in a second which is much better
than days of dying of poison, I think you will agree.