Old 05-01-2015, 02:57 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

Default Soil Testing?

On 1/5/2015 12:06 AM, Davej wrote:
Is this worth doing, and if so then how?

Most states have ag agents who can either test your soil or sell you a
kit to send back for testing. Check with them first. If you just want to
test pH you can buy a kit at most garden centers. I've used both over
the years and it was worth the effort and bucks. What I had thought was
a medium pH soil turned out to be fairly acidic. That then tells you how
to amend your soil.