Old 06-01-2015, 10:32 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha[_11_] Sacha[_11_] is offline

Default Long-flowering plants

On 2015-01-05 09:24:10 +0000, Broadback said:

On 05/01/2015 00:42, Janet wrote:
In article ,
says...

What plants do urglers recommend as flowering for the longest time.
So many things I like flower for a week or two and then are over. In
my garden iris sibirica and Patty's Plum are offenders.

Ceanothus flowers about 10 months of the year here.
Hardy fuchsias like Mrs Popple flower for 6.
Of summer perennials, alstromeria flowers from June till late autumn.
Smaller and more subtle, westringia Blue Gem has flowered non stop
since I planted it last May

Janet.

My favourite are penstemon, they come in a wide variety of colours, for
me in the lower lying area of North Staffordshire they flower all
Summer and Autumn, even some into the Winter.

Euryops go on and on for months, if you have the climate for them. Ours
have taken frost and recovered happily but they won't take a very hard
winter. I should think they flower for 8 months with short breaks in
between. Luma apiculata flowers on and off all year, too and is
evergreen. Akebia quinata alba goes on for several weeks and smells
wonderful, and with dead-heading, Dahlias last for month, right up to
first frosts. I love poppies and peonies but grow very few for the
reasons Pam gives. They're over in what seems like minutes.
--

Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com