Old 06-01-2015, 03:15 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Hen and chicken cauliflower

On 04/01/15 12:40, Janet wrote:
In article , lid
says...

I bought a cauliflower a couple of days ago and on peeling back the
outer leaves found a normal 18 cm cauliflower head surrounded by a dozen
small (2 - 3 cm) perfect mini caulis.

Awwwww :-)

Anyone else come across one of these? In umpteen years of buying caulis
I have never come across one like this before.

Me neither, but I'd be delighted to find one; and even more delighted
if it's possible to grow them from seed.

Went to the greengrocer today and found a few similar caulis.
Unfortunately the box they came in was not there. The greengrocer said
that they were of English or French origin. So, if the latter, it might
be worth looking through a few French veg seed suppliers to see if they
have a "hen and chicken" variety available.

--

Jeff