Old 07-01-2015, 08:39 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Peter James[_6_] Peter James[_6_] is offline

Default Growing Carrots

Judith in England wrote:

Any particular recommendations please?
Types - growing - protection from root-fly etc.

On my allotment here in Cornwall the carrot fly is very bad.

I did try the socalled fly resistant varieties without any success. In
fact I am convinced that these "resistant" types are a con by the seed
producers.

I've given up trying to grow them in a flat bed, and now grow them in
the two halfs of a water butt that sprung a leak, and covered with
fleece.

Last year was the first year I got a crop.

Peter

--
-
The e-mail address obviously doesn't exist. If it's essential