Old 09-01-2015, 05:01 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Secateur Recs Please

"Bertie Doe" wrote in message
My last 2 pairs of cheapo DIY store secateurs got blunt long before their
springs perished.

Q1. Is there a case for storing my next one (on a hook) in the Open
position? In the usual blades-locked position, doesn't this constantly
tension the spring?

Q2 Any recs for a reliable make in the £10 - £25 bracket. Preferably not
lightweight. Thanks in Anticipation.

I am a Felco person, they are a bit more but mine are still as good as the
day I bought them over 20 years ago now.

(I do sharpen them nearly every time I use them)

--
Charlie, Gardening in Cornwall
and Lapageria rosea cvs