Old 10-01-2015, 01:13 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Spider[_3_] Spider[_3_] is offline

Default Secateur Recs Please

On 09/01/2015 09:44, Bertie Doe wrote:
My last 2 pairs of cheapo DIY store secateurs got blunt long before
their springs perished.

Q1. Is there a case for storing my next one (on a hook) in the Open
position? In the usual blades-locked position, doesn't this constantly
tension the spring?

Q2 Any recs for a reliable make in the £10 - £25 bracket. Preferably not
lightweight. Thanks in Anticipation.

A favourite tip of mine is to retain an old pair of secateurs for
cutting through woody roots underground, a job that would harm your best
secateurs, whoever makes them.
--
Spider.
On high ground in SE London