Old 10-01-2015, 05:57 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Graham Harrison[_3_] Graham Harrison[_3_] is offline

Default Secateur Recs Please

On Fri, 9 Jan 2015 09:44:24 -0000, "Bertie Doe"
wrote:

My last 2 pairs of cheapo DIY store secateurs got blunt long before their
springs perished.

Q1. Is there a case for storing my next one (on a hook) in the Open
position? In the usual blades-locked position, doesn't this constantly
tension the spring?

Q2 Any recs for a reliable make in the £10 - £25 bracket. Preferably not
lightweight. Thanks in Anticipation.

A slightly off the wall suggestions - have a look at www.niwaki.com
They are based in Saftesbury, Dorset and sell Japanese tools. I
started with one of their tripod ladders. I've since purchased two
secateurs - they are a little heavy but so far have given no cause for
concern.