Old 12-01-2015, 02:50 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Stephen Wolstenholme[_5_] Stephen Wolstenholme[_5_] is offline

Default ping Spider (starlings)

On Mon, 12 Jan 2015 15:29:46 +0100, Martin wrote:

On Mon, 12 Jan 2015 14:19:57 +0000, Spider wrote:

They are sold in tubs or strong polythene packs specifically for bird
feeding. We buy ours from Poundstretcher or whichever gardencentre
we're visiting. If you can find them in pound shops, they will be
cheaper. They're widely available. I think I've even seen them in the
bigger supermarkets, too. Google 'dried mealworms' and you'll get an
impression of what you're looking for. You may even choose to buy them
on line.

Mealworms are about to be sold coated in chocolate for humans in one of the big
Dutch supermarket chains.

A "friend" bought me a tub of them for Christmas. I didn't try them.
Even the birds won't eat them. I'm not squeamish and I have tried
chocolate covered ants but I can't say I liked them.

Steve

--
Neural Network Software http://www.npsnn.com
EasyNN-plus More than just a neural network http://www.easynn.com