Old 15-01-2015, 07:21 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Maurice & Doreen Larcombe[_2_] Maurice & Doreen Larcombe[_2_] is offline

Default Growing Carrots

"Judith in England" wrote in message
On Tue, 06 Jan 2015 14:59:41 +0000, Judith in England
wrote:

Any particular recommendations please?
Types - growing - protection from root-fly etc.

Thanks for responses: I'll give them a go and report back.

Learnt my lesson last/this year. Normally grow three 25M rows of Flyaway
covered by 2 metre wide builders mesh (the sort you see on building) on
frames. It's important to cover the edge of the mesh with soil to keep it
close to the ground. Normally have carrots through to Jan/Feb but because I
did not cover the edges after weeding they succumbed by the middle of
December.

Maurice