Old 26-04-2003, 12:29 PM
Jill

Default UK farm profitability to jun 2002

"Dave Roberts" wrote in message
In article y%0T9.3530$xE1.524919@stones, Jill news@REMOVETHISkintalin
e.plus.com writes
well you see little then
for ourselves we have a number of strings

But then I wouldn't class you as a farmer. A look at your website
suggests you are more geared towards tourism or are model trains a crop
now ?

well that shows how little you read
- yes we have opened our breeding park to visitors
it would be stupid not to living where we do
but the income from tourists is minor
as we do not present ourselves as a "tourist Attraction" with all that
entails
- if we did we would be charging £5 plus as entry fee and the whole place
would be rated
However as many of the "tourists" are also potential customers
it is much more that we are open in the same way as a shop would be so
people can see what we do and whether they are interested

as to the model trains -
crumbs you are clutching at straws
- the site states that this is TIms hobby for petes sake
-

The rest of what we do is much more fully detailed on the site
- breeding and rearing poultry and waterfowl
- selling housing for same
- growing garden plants

We also have a flock of Jacob sheep

and so do many of the others in our area
who run small rural businesses

I was referring to farmers.

they are rural businesses
and many folk up here have farms but also other businesses
some associated and others less so

it is also blatently obvious from the posts on this group
that this is not uncommon

Do try and keep up at the back.

que?

It is obvious from posts over the years that there are a number of farmers
here who also have other strings to their bow

by the way what is your definition of a farmer and / or farming??

--
Jill Bowis

http://www.poultryscotland.co.uk http://www.henhouses.co.uk
http://www.domesticducks.co.uk http://www.poultry-books.co.uk