Old 17-01-2015, 08:58 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
songbird[_2_] songbird[_2_] is offline

Default Too wet to plow ...

Derald wrote:
spray of humic acid, and a topcoat of additional pine bark. I had good
success growing "dooryard" berries in 25-30 gallon containers adapting
the same method. It might work for you, too. I buried the containers
to about 2/3 their depth (easily done in this sand) in order to sort of
stabilize the root temperature and prevent overheating. If one leaves
plenty of headroom in the containers, the plants can grow for many years
before they need root pruning and re-potting. I eventually repotted
mine into the dumpster because I don't like blueberries all that much,
anyway.

wow! "not like blueberries" does not compute in my
noodle. some years we nearly live off them for weeks
at a time and that's even when we don't grow them.

songbird