Old 17-01-2015, 10:28 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Terry Coombs Terry Coombs is offline

Default Too wet to plow ...

songbird wrote:
Derald wrote:
spray of humic acid, and a topcoat of additional pine bark. I had
good success growing "dooryard" berries in 25-30 gallon containers
adapting the same method. It might work for you, too. I buried the
containers to about 2/3 their depth (easily done in this sand) in
order to sort of stabilize the root temperature and prevent
overheating. If one leaves plenty of headroom in the containers,
the plants can grow for many years before they need root pruning and
re-potting. I eventually repotted mine into the dumpster because I
don't like blueberries all that much, anyway.

wow! "not like blueberries" does not compute in my
noodle. some years we nearly live off them for weeks
at a time and that's even when we don't grow them.

songbird

I just wish we could get some before the critters do . They're all over
the woods here (these are actually huckleberries) but the squirrels , coons
, birds , and deer get them as fast as they ripen . Which reminds me , the
wife made me a blackberry cobbler (from wild berries picked on our
property)yesterday . I think I'll get me some right now !

--
Snag