Old 19-01-2015, 12:08 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Bob F Bob F is offline

Default Lawn Wet and Grass dying

Richard Elsmore wrote:
Hello,
Our garden and house is about 3 years old nearly and we have mostly
had a good lawn. But at the moment the grass is dying at the end and
also along one edge and around the base of a tree where there is a
slight dip. It appears quite wet so I wonder if the problem is poor
drainage. The lawn is about 5m x 15m. Can anyone offer advise to
improve the grass. Most of our plants appear fine its just the grass
that has an issue. There is also moss in some areas which I would
think would suggest a constantly wet area.
Many Thanks

Have you fertilized it? Added lime to neutralize acidity. Acid soil will make it
harder for the grass to utilize what fertilizer is there, and moss prefers
acidic soils.