Old 26-04-2003, 12:29 PM
Michael Saunby

Default UK farm profitability to jun 2002

"Torsten Brinch" wrote in message
On Thu, 9 Jan 2003 11:20:46 -0000, "Michael Saunby"
wrote:

"Torsten Brinch" wrote in message
.. .
On Wed, 8 Jan 2003 10:19:58 +0000, Tim Lamb
wrote:

More than 10% of my perceived income is spent on accountants fees!

One big annual complaint is the amount they try to transfer from
*revenue* spend to *drawings* in order to satisfy some disbelief that
anyone can live so cheaply.

How cheaply can you live where you are? For comparison in some areas
of Liverpool or Birmingham more than half of households have managed
to cut their total annual living expenses to less than £10,000.

I imagine that all such households are heavily subsidised snip

Quantify your claim.

I expect all households where one or more person receives income support
will fall into the category of having living expenses of less than
£10,000 - so they are certainly subsidised and will have several
entitlements, e.g. free school meals, that don't have to be paid for as
they get such benefits by virtue of receiving income support. What remains
of your sub 10k category will pay very little tax, hence receive benefits
such as health, education, waste collection, etc. at way below cost.

The national statistics office give the *average* income in 2000 for
households with 1 adult and children as £6,721 but the average disposable
income for such households as £11,224. So it seems the UK government
aren't actually prepared to let anyone with children try and live on a
household disposable income of as little as £10,000. Clearly it happens,
but that's because, as I said before many of the needs of such households
are provide for in the likes of free use of public transport, cheap
housing, free school meals....

Though as I said before, pensioners often manage to live very cheaply.
Average disposable income for pensioners living alone is £7,727.

(source
http://www.statistics.gov.uk/downloa...002/AA2002.pdf)

Michael Saunby