Old 20-01-2015, 05:07 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Spider[_3_] Spider[_3_] is offline

Default ping Spider (starlings)

On 20/01/2015 10:51, Ophelia wrote:

"Spider" wrote in message

I am keeping an eye out ...

On the mantlepiece?

??? Ok you got me with that one Reveal all, please?

I was wondering if you kept your eyes out on the mantlepiece, that's
all. As for revealing all, it's much too chilly:~)

I had a very bad spider experience (not bitten, just trapped) and went
to the doc. He sent me to the Maudsley Hospital to undergo a
desensitisation programme. It wasn't easy, but 3mnths later I was
able to handle both webs and spiders. Next thing was a pet
tarantula:~)). I had about 16 at one point, but don't have them now.
Just 2 cats.

Now *that* was effective treatment!!! 16 eh??? Big ones/small
ones/mixed?

I had about eight big ones and the rest were spiderlings .. aaahhh!
They're actually very cute and fluffy when young.

I think I will stick with my dog)

Ah, but spiders don't bark, you don't have to walk them, they don't
annoy the neighbours/bite the postman *and* their poo doesn't smell:~))

Mine is very smelly atm. She has a bad tum and she is going back to
the vet this afternoon. The meds she was given last week haven't made
any difference, so it will be blood tests etc

So sorry to hear that, Ophelia, I know how worrying it can be. I do wish
you lots of luck at the vets. Fingers crossed.

Being a proper spider person, I have to ask if that was just the body,
or the legspan included, please?

Hubby says 2 inches counting the legs. It looked pretty big to me)

It may have been Tegenaria gigantea, but there are other big ones.

I am happy with whatever I have. I am not holding open house for more g

;-) Not even on the mantlepiece!

Fair enough. At least you're not squishing them, so I'll be happy with
that.
Once again, I hope your little dog gets well soon.
--
Spider.
On high ground in SE London