Old 24-01-2015, 03:23 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Terry Coombs Terry Coombs is offline

Default Supplemental lighting

As mentioned in my last post , I don't believe my seedlings get enough
light due to the type of insulated glass in the window . I have a 250 watt
halogen work light and wonder if that will work as a supplemental light
source . I can hang it from the ceiling above the shelf so that I can adjust
the height - these lights do put out quite a bit of heat , which may be
beneficial for the sprouting phase .
Just an idea to use what I have instead of spending money for a
single-purpose device . We also have several house plants that seem to be
doing fine with just the usual room lighting , none of them are near a
window ... but I don't have a fixture suitable for hanging CFL's above the
seedling shelf .
--
Snag