Old 25-01-2015, 10:33 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha[_11_] Sacha[_11_] is offline

Default Poor scent

On 2015-01-24 13:12:47 +0000, Jeff Layman said:

On 23/01/15 22:55, sacha wrote:

Hmm, could be. She's here in Devon. Our scented plants are very scented
in our garden but hers aren't while plants in gardens closeby are
lovely. All a bit strange.

I'm a bit confused now. Are you saying you have been to her garden and
the plants really /aren't/ scented, but those in other local gardens
are? In your OP you said that she has friends whose gardens similarly
lacked scent. and that was "because of the soil". Are those local
gardens or not?

Sorry for the bad pun, but something smells here! I just don't believe
that none of the plants in her garden has a scent, while others nearby
do. Any chance of you visiting her garden to check out what is going on?

No, we haven't been to her garden. This is what she told us. And yes,
she's talking about gardens local to her in a particular area of Devon.
I don't think we'll be asking to visit her garden to 'smell the roses'
though! We may be a bit busy here to do that! It would be an
interesting garden consultation, though. ;-)
--

Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com