Old 26-01-2015, 07:45 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Hardening off in this weather

"Broadback" wrote in message
I have 24 healthy broad bean plants that I have grown from seed in an
unheated detached garage. They will soon be past their prime to plant out,
but they need hardening off first. With the temperature being at or near
freezing in the day can I still follow the normal procedure for hardening?
Or should I wait for the weather to warm up, no sign of that yet in the
forecast?

I agree with David's advice given that they've been grown in an unheated
garage, I'd risk 12 of them anyway. Perhaps a little bit of bubblewrap
around them at first?