Old 26-04-2003, 12:29 PM
Charles Hawtrey

Default Researching GM

On 8 Jan 2003 05:46:23 -0800, (M Harvey) wrote:

Dear All. I am a researcher at Cardiff University in Wales. My
research is supported by the Economic and Social Research Council and
focuses on views on the genetic modification of food and crops. I am
trying to gain a spread of views and am trying to use net based
discussion groups, with a possible interest in GM, to make contact
with participants.

Surely you do not propose that a Usenet survey could possibly be
interpreted as a statistically valid sample of the general population,
or of experts in the field, or even of those with interest in the
issue of GM. Perhaps some important details of your methodology have
been left unsaid.
Unit #02582: Endangered Old-Growth Redwood
Toothpick Artisans, LLC [TINEO-GRTALLC]
--
Frivolity is a stern taskmaster.