Old 27-01-2015, 07:51 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Judith in England[_2_] Judith in England[_2_] is offline

Default A neighbour problem - yet again

On Tue, 27 Jan 2015 18:41:33 +0000, Bob Hobden wrote:

The deeds will not show the exact details of the boundary but they will
show the straight boundary and who owned or is responsible for upkeep of
the boundary. If there is no owner shown then the boundary is in the
middle of the hedge. The new neighbour cannot dispute that the hedge
predates any fence and the boundary is shown as straight on the deeds.

I would write a letter to the new neighbour and explain what happened
and that the boundary is straight and in the middle of the old hedge and
ask them respect that original boundary. I would also mention that if he
did not intent to put up a boundary fence to replace the boundary hedge
he has removed I would be happy to move my fence to that boundary to
save him the expense.

In my experience these people are just pushy, full of their own
importance, and must be told straight, give in on this when you are
plainly in the right and it won't be the last thing in dispute. They
know they are wrong they are just trying it on.

Many thanks - it is much as I would think.

Here is a screen capture of the hedge from Google:

http://tinypic.com/r/24dhetd/8