Old 28-01-2015, 04:20 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Terry Coombs Terry Coombs is offline

Default Asparagus

songbird wrote:
reasonably good drainage, fairly high level of
organic matter, sandy loam, spacing as recommended by
package, i may plant a few inches deeper than the
package recommends in an arid climate with hot summers
and also make sure to top dress the area with more
organic materials at the end of each season to help
hold the soil moisture in and to keep the OM levels
high.

there are new varieties available that have an
earlier growing cycle, you may want to find some of
these to add along with others to have an extended
harvest.

songbird

I still remember walking the fence lines and ditches on m y grandfather's
farm in the spring picking Asparagus . Didn't like it then , and don't now .
I tell my wife that I'll cook it for her if she'll cook liver for me ... she
refuses ! I mean , just because it makes her nauseus ...

--
Snag