Old 28-01-2015, 11:47 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

Default Asparagus

George Shirley wrote:

I still remember walking the fence lines and ditches on m y
grandfather's farm in the spring picking Asparagus . Didn't like it
then , and don't now . I tell my wife that I'll cook it for her if
she'll cook liver for me ... she refuses ! I mean , just because it
makes her nauseus ...

I'm with you, will eat asparagus occasionally but have always liked
liver, no matter what sort of critter it came out of. Hard to even
find liver in the Houston area unless you can find a real butcher
shop, which I just ran across one. Will be going back for liver soon.
My wife likes asparagus and liver and pretty much will eat anything.
As the middle child of five, two older brothers and two younger
sisters, with the two boys being very large, she had to scrap for her
food at the table.

If you have not tried really fresh asparagus you don't know what you are
missing, the best flavour is lost within hours. Supermarket asparagus is a
poor substitute, canned is not food.

--
David

A better world requires a daily struggle
against those who would mislead us.